THE WEEKEND RENDEZVOUS NOT TO MISS!
Have you been preparing yourself to be in top form on 10 July between Briançon and Alpe d'Huez? The big day is approaching and you'll be able to hit the roads to set the fastest time possible or simply cross the finish line.
But L’Étape du Tour de France is not only a day of racing, that's why we would like to give you some ideas of events not to be missed:
- Come pick up your bib and welcome bag at the Village;
- Collect your gel pouch which you will use to keep your waste and at the same time commit to not spoiling the magnificent scenery (if not, here is what you can expect here);
- Find your name on the wall of names and take a selfie;
- (Re)discover the Tour de France on the experiential zone and try your luck on the quiz;
- Lunch in the Village while watching the Tour de France on a giant screen;
- Think of yourself as a Tour rider on the climb, cheered on by a crowd of supporters;
- Experience wearing the yellow jersey on the Champs Elysées podium;
- Try to jump as high as Didi el Diablo and take a selfie with him;
- Meet the road captains who will help you cross the finish line at the FFC stand (Saturday);
- Ask at the information point about the public access zones so that your supporters can come and cheer you on the roadside on 10 July (don't forget to check the road closures);
- Invite friends and family to create their own cheering signs at the Fans corner in the Village;
- Stop for breakfast in the village before heading to your departure area;
- Experience the thrill of riding through the starting arch with 16,000 other enthusiasts;
- Take advantage of the feed stations to regain your strength;
- Enjoy the magnificent scenery on the day's climbs;
- Demonstrate mental fortitude to overcome the three HC climbs;
- Crossing the finish line to the clamour of the cheering crowd;
- Proudly wear your medal around your neck;
- Meet up with your family and friends to celebrate your achievement together;
- Enjoy the pasta party and your finisher beer!
What to do in Alpe d'Huez?
If you want to relax and have fun with family and friends
- Rail sledding
- Escape Game / Escape Game Aperitif
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Leisure Island (Tennis, Padel, Archery, Golf, Skatepark)
If you have any strength left after your race
- Via ferrata
- Hiking / Glacier hiking
- Mountain biking (Cross-Country, Enduro, DH, Pumptrack)
If you want to actively recuperate?
- Yoga at high altitude
- Palais des Sports (Table tennis, Squash, Climbing, Badminton)
All the activities can be found HERE