How to register
30th edition: Sunday 4th JULY 2021
Nice > Nice: 175 km and 3,600 m D+
If you registered for the 2020 edition, your entry remains a priority. If you cannot participate, we will reimburse you for the amount of your bib and the options you may have chosen. We will contact you at the beginning of the year (just before the official opening of registration) to find what you would like to do.
If you are not registered but would like to ride on this fantastic course on July 4th, 2021, you can pre-register now to be informed if there are places available to participate.
Every year L’Étape du Tour de France plays host to 16,000 cyclists. The starts are managed using “starting areas” so that every one of them can enjoy a unique experience in smooth conditions.
By placing all the participants according to their level of fitness, we will limit the number of riders who overtake others and considerably reduce the risk of bottlenecks on the approach to the first difficulties on the route.
Depending on your experience on L’Étape du Tour de France and your ability, you will be assigned a starting area number: the lower the starting area number, the earlier your start will take place.
Here are the criteria used to allocate the various starting areas:
- Real time ranking in L’Étape du Tour de France in 2019, 2018, 2017, 2017;
- If you hold a 2021 FFC licence, your FFC cyclosport ranking will also be taken into consideration. Find information about this ranking here (in French).
- The time you are aiming for on the 2021 Étape du Tour de France.
- If you have taken part in a leading cycling event, we will also take this data into consideration when allocating your final starting area number.
In order to participate in a timed sports event you must provide a medical certificate (or a copy of one). It is essential to upload your medical form on your time to account before the race in order to obtain your race number.
- The certificate must contain the wording “no contra-indication to taking part in competitive cycling events”. No other wording will be accepted.
- The certificate must be dated within one year of the event.
In order to avoid any mistakes, you can ask your doctor to complete, stamp and sign the model below.