How to register
You want to participate in L'Étape du Tour de France 2022? Pre-register now to have the possibility of obtaining your bib before the official opening of the registrations.
If you registered for the 2021 edition, you will be reimbursed for the amount of your bib as well as any options you may have taken out by June 15, 2021.
Every year L’Étape du Tour de France plays host to 16,000 cyclists. The starts are managed using “starting areas” so that every one of them can enjoy a unique experience in smooth conditions.
By placing all the participants according to their level of fitness, we will limit the number of riders who overtake others and considerably reduce the risk of bottlenecks on the approach to the first difficulties on the route.
Depending on your experience on L’Étape du Tour de France and your ability, you will be assigned a starting area number: the lower the starting area number, the earlier your start will take place.
Here are the criteria used to allocate the various starting areas:
- Real time ranking in L’Étape du Tour de France in 2019, 2018, 2017, 2017;
- If you hold a 2021 FFC licence, your FFC cyclosport ranking will also be taken into consideration. Find information about this ranking here (in French).
- The time you are aiming for on the 2022 Étape du Tour de France.
- If you have taken part in a leading cycling event, we will also take this data into consideration when allocating your final starting area number.
In order to participate in a timed sports event you must provide a medical certificate (or a copy of one). It is essential to upload your medical form on your time to account before the race in order to obtain your race number.
- The certificate must contain the wording “no contra-indication to taking part in competitive cycling events”. No other wording will be accepted.
- The certificate must be dated within one year of the event.
In order to avoid any mistakes, you can ask your doctor to complete, stamp and sign the model below.